A permanent hair loss solution is more than just about how you look after the procedure. If you have visited us before with hair loss concerns, you will undoubtedly have heard about NeoGraft. NeoGraft is a follicle-by-follicle transplant method that is superior to the traditional, or strip, method of transplanting. Not only is NeoGraft known for producing better, more natural looking results as a permanent hair loss solution, but you also do not have the same issues in covering up the unsightly scars of the strip method. However, there are additional benefits to the NeoGraft procedure beyond just pure aesthetics.
- Less invasive and gentler than its distant relations, NeoGraft is done in your dermatologist’s office. The procedure works by gentle suction of a hair at the donor site. This minimizes the damaged to the donor hair follicles, ensures a more viable uptake upon transplant, and causes significantly less pain. There is no scalpel involved, nor are there stitches or staples.
- The NeoGraft procedure causes less blood vessel and nerve damage than strip transplants. There is a reason why a lot of people with traditional strip transplants have significant scarring at the back of the head where the donor site is generally located. The down time with NeoGraft is limited with patients resuming activity after only a few days. Not having to spend too much down time and not having to worry about potential infection from a more invasive procedure is a great component to put in the “pro” column of the NeoGraft solution.
- Less hassle. A permanent solution means no more unguents, fad programs, hair pieces, or products. Keeping track of how many days you have been using a product and how often to apply it can be a terrible hassle. NeoGraft’s unique take on hair loss means you get back to your life how it used to be before you started your hair recovery journey.
- Your NeoGraft provider will be able to give you financing options. More importantly, you have to think about how much money you will be saving over time. If you use over-the-counter products, you will be spending hundreds of dollars applying special chemicals on your head. If you do not apply the exact amount of certain products, they will not even work. And you need to think about how much time you may or would be wasting on applying products.
- How you see yourself can affect your psychological and physical wellbeing. Self-image is inexorably tied to our appearance. When you do not have to worry about a floppy hair piece or if your hair line is exposing too much of your scalp, you are going to feel better about yourself. In addition to improved self-esteem, you also need to look at your other health benefits. With traditional solutions, you may expose yourself to dangerous chemicals in products. If you seek hormone treatments (a lot of men may try to take supplemental testosterone to counteract effects of hair loss), you may cause greater damage to your health.
When you are ready to seek a permanent solution that will give you the results you want, you can get a consultation with Dr. Guenthner and the staff at the Dermatology Center.
The Dermatology Center of Indiana offer services to residents of Bloomington, Greencastle, Martinsville, and Mooresville. We hope to see you soon.