While many hair loss transplantation techniques involve harvesting hair follicles from a large strip of hair, NeoGraft at the Dermatology Center of Indiana uses small amounts of hair. This allows our patients who have experienced hair loss to replace their hair without others noticing.
What Is NeoGraft?
NeoGraft is an FDA-cleared hair loss transplantation system. The outpatient procedure is considered a vast improvement upon traditional hair loss transplantation systems because it automates the process of follicular unit extraction, which is also known as FUE. The NeoGraft involves using a special tool with pneumatic controls to remove individual hair follicles that are then transplanted onto different areas of the scalp.
NeoGraft offers several advantages over traditional hair transplant systems. That’s why Dermatology Center of Indiana offers this system over all the others available on the market.
Advantages associated with the NeoGraft method include:
- Results: The NeoGraft method is associated with producing up to 1,500 hair follicles at one session. This makes it a very effective treatment for those with moderate to severe hair loss as they may require very few sessions to experience the results they desire. Also, the method for applying the hair follicle grafts are suitable for both men and women with short or long hair.
- Least Invasive: Other methods that aren’t automated carry greater risks for nerve damage at the hair follicles. Because the NeoGraft is an automated process, there is a reduced risk. Additionally, there is no scalp incision or staples required to graft the hair follicles, which results in much less post-procedure discomfort.
- Affordable: While hair loss procedures are not typically covered under insurance, there are affordable payment plans available. Also, the effectiveness of the treatment means fewer sessions are required than with a traditional hair loss treatment method.
- Fast Recovery: While your hair loss specialist will give you specific instruction regarding return to activities, the procedure is associated with little downtime. Many patients return to their regular activities within a few days and more strenuous activities in a few weeks.
- Natural-looking: As the newly implanted hair follicles start to grow hair, the result is a natural-looking appearance that helps you regain the confidence that is often lost due to hair loss. The hair is your own, and you can wear it however you please.
Side Effects and Considerations
Typically, the side effects from the NeoGraft transplant procedure can include pain, swelling, redness, and bleeding. If you have individual concerns about the transplant, talk to your specialist at the Dermatology Center of Indiana.
The implanted hair follicles need time to heal following the transplant. We usually recommend waiting several days before washing the hair gently with water, such as by pouring water over the scalp. After two weeks, you can wash your hair with a direct water stream source, such as a showerhead.
The Dermatology Center of Indiana offers free hair loss consultations to those hoping to learn more about NeoGraft hair transplantation system. For more information on this and other hair-loss services, please call 317.584.6332.